Where is the Conference?
The conference takes place at Print Media Academy. This modern and beautiful building out of glass and steel is owned by the worldfamous “Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG”.
TROOPERS from all over the world occupy this facility from March 12th – 16th 2018 and make it their base of high-end IT-Security education.
69115 Heidelberg Germany
What Do I Need to Do When Traveling to Germany for Customs?
Please review the latest official regulations at: http://www.zoll.de/EN/Private- individuals/Travel/Entering-Germany/Duties-and-taxes/Travellers-allowances/travellers-allowances_node.html
- If you followed our advice you’ll land at Frankfurt Airport ( www.frankfurt-airport.com ). Pick up your luggage and pass the security.
- Make your way towards “Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof” (Frankfurt Airport long-distance station)
- Shortly before you enter the station, which is constructed out of glass, you pass the socalled “AIRail Terminal” on your left side. Go in there and get yourself a ticket for the train to “Heidelberg Hbf“.
- Note: There are some connections during the day, where you enter the train and drive directly to Heidelberg. Ask the staff at the AIRail Terminal for these. With the ‘normal’ and more frequent connection you have to change trains at “Mannheim Hauptbahnhof” once. This is still very easy!
- Go into the station, orientate yourself, choose the right track and use the escalator to get to the trains.
- If you took the direct connection sit back and drive about 45 minutes to Heidelberg Main Station.
- If you took the connection over “Mannheim”, exit the train after ~30 minutes at Mannheim Main Station and change tracks/trains accordingly to your ticket. NOTE: You can always go to track 9 and drive with “S3” to Heidelberg. Your ticket is valid in any case.
- Congratulations: You arrive at “Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof”. The conference is on the other side of the street.
Use the Deutsche Bahn website
Your destination station is: ”Heidelberg Hbf”
TIP: If you visit us by plane, enter “Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf” as start and “Heidelberg Hbf” as destination (see above).
Or more informations via DB phone: +49 180 5 99 66 33
German Train 101
- Hauptbahnhof = main station
- Hauptbahnhof is often abbreviated as “Hbf”.
- Deutsche Bahn = German train company
- Ankunft = arrival
- Abfahrt = departure
Please use your favorite maps application (Google Maps – for example – works fine for Germany) and plan your trip to one of the relevant addresses. Your hotel or the Print Media Academy (PMA) is maybe the best choice to start with.
TIP: To find PMA just try to find Heidelberg Main station – it’s right there.
Follow the “P18” (Google Maps Link) signs at the “Hauptbahnhof”. It’s close.
We spent quite some time to find the very best hotels around our event location.
In a central location in the historic buildings of the old brewery, this hotel is also just 5 minutes off by foot. It’s well connected to public transport.
Bergheimer Strasse 91
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0)6221 13270 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a central location directly at the Heidelberg main station and across the street from the TROOPERS location.
Willy Brandt Platz 3
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0)6221 9130 or via e-mail: H1447@accor.com
Situated on the banks of the Neckar River, the Heidelberg Marriott Hotel offers sensational views and a convenient location. It’s only 5 minutes by foot to the Print Media Academy. With public transport it’s only a 10 minute ride into the beautiful Old Town.
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0)6221 908 0 or via e-mail: MHRS.email@example.com
The hotelo Heidelberg is a brand new economy hotel with very affordable pricing. It’s close to the main station, as well as the event location. There are good connections to the city center by public transport.
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0) 6221 6517739 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This hotel is located in the middle of the historical old city center of Heidelberg, directly opposite the Old Bridge. It’s a lovely place with lot’s of flair and tradition. With public transport you’ll need 20 minutes to the Print Media Academy. This is the place you would take a girl for honey moon. Obviously this is also the right place for IT security specialists who want to dive into Heidelberg’s beautiful scenery.
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0)6221 60500 or via e-mail: email@example.com
The Crowne Plaza Hotel Heidelberg is due to its excellent city location the ideal starting point for your visit in Heidelberg – by public transport it’s just a couple of minutes to the Print Media Academy and by foot you’re in the Old Town within 3 minutes. A premium place for your stay.
Please make your reservations via phone: +49 (0)6221 9170 or via e-mail: Heidelberg@HDBGE.CrownePlaza.com
The Leonardo Hotel in Heidelberg is a nice option for price-conscious attendees traveling by car. It’s a bit out of town, but in return very accessible from Autobahn A5. From here you can take a car or public transport to enter the city within 5 minutes. Plenty of parking is available for 12€ per night.
Pleikartsförster Straße 101 69124 Heidelberg
This hotel is located in the heart of the historical Heidelberg. It’s a great place to stay for people who want to experience the beautiful charm of Heidelberg’s Old Town. With public transport you’ll need 20 minutes to the Print Media Academy. With its wonderful restaurant this is also the place where we will meet for the shared dinner on Wednesday evening.
Leyergasse 6 69117 Heidelberg